While many people stay with us for the area’s hiking trails, the Shenandoah Valley is also home to several fabulous wine tours and trails. In fact, the Brierley Hill Bed & Breakfast is surrounded by wine-tasting opportunities near Lexington, VA.
Wine Tours Near Lexington, VA
Head up to Staunton and join a Valley Hop on Tour. The Route 151 tour is a favorite. It includes 12 stops at wineries, breweries, and cideries. Valley Hop on Tours partners with Hill Top Berry Farm and Winery, Cardinal Point Winery, Veritas Vineyards, Flying Fox Winery, Pollak Vineyards, King Family Vineyards, and Valley Road Vineyards. With someone else driving, enjoy the Hop on Tours to the fullest.
Head east to charming little Crozet near Charlottesville and choose a trolley tour to multiple wineries. Crozet Trolley offers several scheduled tours, one of which covers multiple libation options–wine, beer, cider. The wineries among Crozet Trolley’s tours include Jefferson’s Monticello, Grace Estates, Knight’s Gambit Vineyard, Prince Michel Vineyard and Winery, King Family Vineyards, Veritas Vineyards, Pollak Vineyards, and Valley Road Vineyards. Crozet Trolley also lets you charter a trolley and create your own wine trail.
Head south and discover the Bedford Wine Trail. It is an established tasting trail of six wineries south of Lexington. The scenic ride from Brierley Hill Bed and Breakfast drops you into beautiful settings including Smith Mountain Lake. The wineries have teamed up to create a cohesive experience (pick up the Bedford Wine Trail passport), yet each is its own treasure.
- The tasting room for Hickory Hills Vineyards and Winery is in a 1920s farmhouse.
- Peaks of Otter Winery is Virginia’s oldest fruit winery; sample blackberry, apple, or cherry wines, depending on the season and harvest.
- LeoGrande Winery is more than a vineyard; enjoy the antics of the animals, cows, horses, goats, chickens, and a pot-bellied pig.
- Ramulous Ridge Vineyards can pair great wines with great cigars.
- Seven Doors is spiritual, mindful, organic, and environmentallyconscious.
- Besides the more expected grapes, White Rock Vineyard produces two hybrids, Chardonell and Traminette. They also serve and sell handcrafted beers.
While near Bedford, you can also visit the National D-Day Memorial; the Booker T. Washington National Monument, Poplar Forest, the personal retreat of President Thomas Jefferson; and Emerson Creek Pottery with its factory outlet in a log cabin, just to name a few.
Shenandoah Valley Lodging
Regardless of the direction you go or the route you travel, return to Brierley Hill to complete your getaway. Enjoy the offerings of Lexington or relax in the cozy, comfortable accommodations we offer at Brierley Hill. Reserve your room now and plan your wine tasting adventure.