Even though it’s already August, there is still plenty of time to enjoy summer before fall comes knocking on the door. And where better to experience your summer finale than Lexington, VA and the breathtaking Shenandoah Valley. We’ve made it easy for you. Although the entire list is long, here are just 7 reasons to visit Lexington, VA this summer.
- 43rd Annual Rockbridge Community Festival – This year’s popular downtown arts and crafts festival offers free admission to all attendees and features more than 200 outdoor spaces for crafts people and community groups. This annual festival is a community favorite because of its focus on the arts rather than the sale of manufactured goods. Throughout the day you will enjoy musical entertainment from local bluegrass, jazz, and other bands, as well as local artists and dance groups. And there will be plenty of food and drink options! Don’t miss this unique and creative festival in Lexington, VA on Saturday, August 24, 2019.
- Goshen Pass – Whitewater, fly-fishing, hiking, canoeing, kayaking… you name it, you’ll find it at breathtaking Goshen Pass. This six-mile gorge attracts people from near and far for its beauty, vegetation, and recreational opportunities. Chamber’s Ridge offers rock climbing enthusiasts 7 established climbs.The stunning views are worth the effort! If hiking is more your style, try Chamber’s Ridge Trail. This moderate, three-mile hike with wild and waterfall views. Chamber’s Ridge is just one of many trails in the Goshen Pass area and offers gorgeous views of the Maury River.
- 5th Annual Virginia Food Truck Battle – Yes, you read that right. This year’s Food Truck Battle in Fishersville, VA is not to be missed. On Sunday, September 2, 2019 from 11:30am – 6:00pm, food trucks and breweries from throughout the state will compete. VIP ticket holders will receive a sample of each truck’s cuisine and a sample from each of the six breweries in the beer garden. After casting their votes, a winner from each zone and one brewery will be announced. Then, the three zone winners will submit their dishes to a panel of judges who will vote for the Grand Champion. General admission tickets are also available and will provide access to entertainment and children’s activities as well as a la carte purchases from trucks, breweries, and wineries. Vendors will also offer artisan, craft, and specialty wares for purchase.
- 25th Annual Rockbridge Beer & Wine Festival – Located at the Lime Kiln Theater on Saturday, September 7, 2019 from 12-7pm, explore and sample regional wines in a covered garden, local craft beer and cider, and local food vendors. You’ll also enjoy live musical entertainment on two stages.
- History – Beginning with Native Americans, thousands of years ago, to colonial times and the Civil War, Lexington is a haven for history buffs. You will have the opportunity to walk where presidents walked, see the homes where Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson lived, trek pioneer history down Wilderness Road, and so much more.
- Route 151 Wine Trail – This scenic Virginia byway is now a convenient way to sample Nelson County’s many wineries, cideries, distilleries and breweries. Sip and savor your favorite beverages as you feast your eyes on the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Brierley Hill Bed & Breakfast – Brierley Hill Bed & Breakfast is more than just a B&B. Located in the renowned Shenandoah Valley just outside historic Lexington, VA, you will relish the peace and quiet, delicious breakfasts, and stunning views from your private guest room window. Our convenient location also makes us the perfect launching and landing pad as you explore all there is to do and see in Lexington and the surrounding Valley. Choose one of our luxurious guest rooms or one of our two private cottages and experience an unforgettable getaway at our romantic country inn.